.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Garden Shrug

That's what I've decided to call my two skein wonder (and it was - I had about 25 inches left of the yarn). It is orchid pink, I used seed st around the body and a leaf edging around the sleeves. It is finished, and I promise that within the next week I will have photos of both it and Amira's dress, and even Lara for good measure.

I followed the advice to make the shrug at the size for the width between my shoulders, but I wish I had made it a little larger. It fits, but barely, and it is quite pink. I'm thinking of giving it to a friend's daughter, who could wear it quite easily and looks very nice in pink. I like it a lot, but it somehow isn't really me. So, right now, I am cleaning it, and will let it dry and try it on again to see how I feel about it. I'm leaning toward making it a gift. I could also make another one (maybe even following the one skein wonder pattern a bit more closely) out of cotton for another friend's daughter.

I just ordered some Barn Red and Oatmeal Elegance to see if it will work for a vest pattern I have, the Los Lobe Hose pattern, needles to go with it and those pewter yarn ball earrings from Knit Picks, and will be ordering some Rowan Calmer from the shop to make Audrey. We have enough of it in several colors, but not the color I wanted for the sweater. Ah, well, it's not like I will be knitting it right away, anyway.

School is quickly approaching. I cannot believe that it is August already! At least I will only have two trips a day taking kids to school this year. Time slips by without my noticing it sometimes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?