.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 01, 2005

St. Joseph the Worker

I did well at not beginning any new projects on the road trip. I didn't even buy yarn for a project (well, I bought one ball for trim)! I only brought the Flower Basket Shawl with me to knit on, and brought finishing work. Lara is almost completely sewn up, I have the right side seam and the collar to sew up. I didn't get finishing work done on either of my languishing projects. Cross Your Heart can wait, because I'll be roughly the same size next winter, but Little Boy Green should be a priority, because Elijah won't be! Cross Your Heart may have to go into my UFO stack, just so it isn't on my radar for a while.

Marthie and Kelly both bought yarn for sweaters at Velona. Marthie got the superbulky Brown Sheep yarn for the Winter Vogue cover sweater and Kelly got some royal purple Cascade 220 for a Lara like mine. We all got to wear our matching hats at the retreat and impress the heck out of everyone there.

The men were glad to have us back at church this Sunday. Almost all the women were gone last week! Of the families who didn't send ladies to the retreat with us, one was out of town, so there were only three women at church and four girls, including Amira. They said our voices were missed during the worship, especially.

My secret pal revealed herself to me (that sounds odd, doesn't it?) yesterday. Shannon has been spoiling me rotten and I have another package coming, she says! I promise I will write you back, Shannon, there was a lot to talk to you about in your e-mail. Needless to say, thank you is part of my response. This has been a lot of fun!

I can also reveal to whom I was secret pal: Gwen! I really enjoyed brightening her days, and reading about her excitement when she received a package. I have to say, I was a little worried that she would think the things I sent were lame, so it was a great relief to me that she enjoyed them.

As for photos, both of projects and trip, I have uploaded some, and I am busy cropping and resizing them. They should appear within a few days.

Two more things:

I forgot to mention that I was able to bring the photo book that Shannon sent me on my trip so I could show off my beautiful family. While I was waiting for my turn at the massage, I had it out to look at them and pray for them as I knit on the Flower Basket. I'm also working on a surprise, shhhh! That brings my WIPs up to SIX! I don't think I've had that many projects going in a long time, but there you go. It's a lace scarf using the fir cones pattern on size 10 needles, Elspeth Lavold's silky wool in an indigo blue. I am also going to use some leftover douceur et soie to make a lacy scarf for Alexander's teacher using the Ostrich Plume pattern, cream colored.

Happy May Day! This is also the feast day of St. Joseph the Worker, which is a commemoration of the foster father of Jesus in the aspect of his work and provision for his family. It was also a little snub to the communists made by Pope Pius the X or XI, as they made May 1 the celebration of workers, who of course couldn't provide for their families. Not to mention how the communists weren't all that keen on saints, Christianity, succeeding in work, you know.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?