.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Presents & Projects & Prints, Oh My!

Be prepared for probably the most photograph laden post yet.

I will start from the oldest and move to the present.

Ladies' Retreat in CA:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This verse was displayed on the landing in Star's house, it seemed to be her life verse.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This cutout was in the house before she moved in. It seems appropriate. There was also a moon cutout, and a few others. Her house had been an HGTV house, so they had done all sorts of foufy things to it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is the statue outside of St. Michael's Cathedral I mentioned before.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the prayer of St. Michael.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is in the floor of the narthex.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the baptismal font. I was struck with how beautiful it was. I don't believe I've ever seen one which depicts the baptism of Jesus before this one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This altar was made, I think handmade, in the Phillipines and sent to St. Michael's. The stained glass behind the altar is another image of St. Michael casting the devil out of heaven.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the pulpit. I have a picture of the lectern, but I don't think it turned out very well. It is an eagle draped with a liturgical stole. If I can brighten it a little, I will post it later.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And here we all are after our long drive down Beach Blvd to meet some people for lunch. Please do not comment on my appearance unless it is to tell me how cute I am.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
These are the books my not so secret pal sent me from my wishlist! I almost bought Junior Knits while we were down in California, but decided to wait a little bit. Boy, am I glad I did! Thank you Shannon!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is a picture of our marine friend whose letter I posted some time ago, Ryan, with his girlfriend, Tamber, me and Rich. We were teaching salsa on Cinco de Mayo, and they were our only students at the restaurant! This is a much better picture of me than the previous one, don't you think?

Moving on to my knitting projects, here is a photo of the Fir Cone Scarf:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And Lara!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I finally finished the knitting on the Flower Basket Shawl!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is it without the benefit of blocking.

This is the detail on the Flower Basket Shawl, again, not blocked.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, I finally came through with the photos. I'll see if I can't update my progress, reading and the other stuff in my sidebar soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?