.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Knit Picks Yarn!

Hooray! My Knit Picks Yarn arrived yesterday!

Here is a picture:

You just cannot see the luster and depth of these colors in the photo. The peach, especially, is actually the color of a peach, with red, orange, yellow, golden shades heathered throughout. The turquoise is alpaca and silk and will be used on the Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting, the tidepool is baby alpaca and will be used for the Creatures of the Reef Shawl. These are both far future projects, but I saw the perfect yarns for them and went for it. The peach will be used for the Candleflame Shawl, but I plan to make it at a much looser gauge, in this sport weight, and make it more of a lacy shawl. It will go to Elijah's surgeon. The other two are all for me, me, me!

As for Interweave Knits, I am rather irritated. Still no magazine. It has been on the stands since February 15. This kind of mailing unreliability was part of why I cancelled my subscription to Vogue Knitting, and Interweave has always been so much better than they were. To make it worse, this was a gift subscription from a friend of mine, and she has asked about it, and I had to tell her that I hadn't gotten it yet. She ordered on Christmas Eve, they e-mailed her the confirmation and charged her credit card, and told her that my first issue would be mailed 1/12/05. Very bad.

However, I did receive the new issue of Fine Cooking the day before yesterday and have been having a grand time paging through it and planning menus. I could cook my way through three of their articles and have quite the tasty dinner for the family.

In other news, I have started an orthodox Christian knitters ring for knitbloggers. I couldn't find one, so I just started it. There was one other Christian blog ring, but there were some statements made on it that I couldn't sign on to, so I didn't. I still haven't even posted the definitions or rules on the ring page, but you can see the basic layout by clicking the link in my sidebar.

I made some more progress on finishing Cross Your Heart last night at home group, and knit quite a bit on Lara (until I ran out of yarn, didn't bring another ball with me). Tomorrow, Becky will be coming over to help me sew my cape. I've decided I want to line it in a contrasting color, Rich thinks that the tan color of the main fabric will make me look naked. Friday, Marthie is coming over after she teaches Spanish at her youngest two children's classes to have a very knitty day with me. We will pull out all the magazines and books and yarn and needles and have at it until we both have to go to pick up our kids from school. Whee!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?