.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 27, 2005

B-List Knitters

I still have not received my spring issue of Interweave Knits. Everyone else I know has gotten it, our newstands have it. I just don't. I am on the B-list. I'm waiting to see if it shows up tomorrow.

Also on the B-list with me were some knitters at Madrona. We were all sitting in the lobby knitting and chatting in front of the fireplace when a group of us started talking about this closed retreat they go to and the fun they have and how they were going again this year. A woman near me said, "I guess we're on the B-list." Anyway, that night, she gave me her card with her e-mail on it, the e-mail addresses of a couple other ladies and put B-list on it. I was thinking of checking with Rich's cousin who has the cabin the family can use and seeing when it would be open, then inviting several other women knitters I know, and having our own B-list knitting retreat. We could collect money to cover the food, maybe to pay a little to the cousin and do the cooking and cleaning ourselves. Maybe a Thursday night through Sunday afternoon thing. The B-List Knitter's Retreat.

I'm so excited because I just sent my second secret pal package. I can't wait to see how she likes it. She really liked the last package, which was a huge relief to me, because I was so worried she would hate it. I can't say any of the things I've sent, because she might read this blog. But, it's cool stuff!

Knitting News:

The Flower Basket Shawl is moving steadily along. We're praying for Deanna, and I know God will work mightily in her. If I finish this before Black Sheep, I will send it early. UPS, insured for about $400. I'm deathly afraid of the mail losing a hand knit. Lara is knitting up quickly, I'm on the second skein of Follies now. The Pi Shawl is languishing here, though I am doing a little bit of work on it occasionally. Nobody I have met has liked the edging EZ used in Knitter's Almanac, I don't either. I was going to use Molly's Lace from Knitting on the Edge, but decided against it. I'm now trying to decide between: Belle's Normandy Lace and Shell Edge Diamond Lace. You decide. Leave me a comment and tell me which one you like better.

I'm going to do some more finishing work on Cross Your Heart and Little Boy Green tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?