.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 13, 2005

FYI & Epiphany Jokes

Hi Kat and Fr. Tanner!

First to Kat:

The pattern for the bonnet is from Vogue Knitting on the Go Baby Gifts. For anyone else interested, I always list the source for my patterns in my WIP list in the sidebar. I hope that helps.

Fr. Tanner:

I have been discovered! Fr. Joe talks about you occasionally, as we often discuss Touchstone articles at the coffee hour after church. I checked out your blog coverage of the Convocation this past summer, and I read Mere Comments, so I feel like I know a little bit about you. Now, you can learn a little bit about me and my family. Rich and I are really enjoying serving as leaders for our Laudate group here, and we're so blessed by the family of God at Christ the Victor. We are still a small congregation, but that is wonderful, as it really builds a sense of unity and family within the parish. Our feasts are legendary, so if you get a chance, come on out and join us!

I am getting so excited about the ladies' retreat in April. I finally checked out the Highland Springs Resort website, and I am awed. It will be a wonderful time of relaxation and learning. I am really looking forward to seeking the Lord on a deeper level with my sisters in Christ in such a beautiful expanse of God's world.

My knitting is coming along well, I am now at the neck shaping on my Cross Your Heart. I am hoping to have it finished by February 13, so I can have it ready to wear for Valentine's Day and for the Madrona Fiber Retreat that week. I'm a little nervous about the deadline, as I still have both sleeves, sewing and the neck to finish in a little over a month. We'll see. If I don't have it finished in time for Valentine's, I may still be able to get it done for Madrona. There is a tiny little thing on one of the heart cables in the front that is annoying me. I'm sure nobody else will notice it, but I may do some duplicate st to make it look right to me. I'm not going back 8 rows to redo it. It's not a mistake, the stitch just kind of looks odd and left a little gap. Blocking it may correct this, so I'll see how it looks at that point.

That's all for now. I will be back soon with more on the knit progress. Oh, before I forget, I told an Epiphany joke at the Epiphany service last Thursday:
We know the Magi were women, because they remembered a birthday, asked directions and brought gifts.

Fr. Jonathan countered that they couldn't have been women because if they had, they would have been on time, helped with the delivery and brought food.

Since we are in the Epiphany season, I thought I'd share those with you.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?