.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 03, 2004

St. Barbara, St. Martha, St. Nicholas, Oh My!

Today is the feast of St. Barbara. I need to make some sort of saffron braid or some buns to go with our dinner tonight. I like her because she is a Levant saint, and still honored in the Middle East. Unfortunately, we aren't having Laudate tonight, because of too many conflicts, so we don't get to teach St. Barbara on her feast day.

Tomorrow the St. Martha's guild is meeting at my house. I realized I never explained the name of the guild. It is named after the actual saint, sister of Mary and Lazarus, not the famous woman who says "It's a good thing." We meet to do handwork and eat and pray together.

I still don't know what I'm making, though I'm leaning toward a fruitbread with cream cheese. As for the project, it will be all stocking all the time. St. Nicholas Day is Monday, which means I need the stocking finished by Sunday night. I'm pretty close, and between the guild meeting tomorrow and a birthday party I'll be taking taking Alexander to, I should have it finished or just have the heel to do by Sunday morning. Then if I have to, I can finish in the car on the way to church.

Rich and I are strongly considering recycling some of the millions of pounds of candy the boys have in the house and just sticking that in their stockings with some new mini-flashlights or those LED lights.

I haven't been able to get the pictures posted from the All Saints' party. Our cd drive is acting bizarre, so I need to take the cd to Rich's work, have him open them and e-mail me the relevant photos. This could take years.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?