.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thursday Has Been Postponed

Pass it on.

I am exhausted. I am procrastinating, sort of, I don't have enough time to do what I need to do, so I'm doing this instead. We woke up late. Tired. I didn't sleep well. We had to rush Alexander through his morning routine, Rich took him to school while I got the other kids fed and dressed. Rich had to get a costume for Dominic's Trunk or Treat at school, even though Dominic seems not to care about dressing up this year, but he needs a costume to participate. Even if we left early and he didn't do it, then he'd hear about it from the other kids in his class and feel left out. So. He is going as Clifford. I sliced up pepperoni for their class party (make your own pizzas), dumped the candy in a bowl to distribute to them, and cleaned out Dominic's trick or treat bucket. In order to do this this afternoon, either Rich had to go and pick up Alexander or I have to pick him up early and bring him with me. Alexander will be helping pass out candy, so I have even less time between driving sessions in which to get anything done today.

Then, there is the fact that blogger ate a perfectly good post I made yesterday about Reading Lolita in Tehran which I am now too tired and annoyed to try to recreate. I have about three weeks worth of unfolded laundry (it's clean!) to deal with, a dishwasher to unload, reload, run, unload and reload again, two bathrooms to clean, our room do deal with, clutter to unload and we haven't balanced our checkbook in almost two months.

This morning when we woke up we said we just needed a way to postpone Thursday, give us 12 hours or 24 hours and just start over at that point. So, call the radio stations, spread the word. Thursday has been postponed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?