.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Knitting & Crocheting

Well, last night at our Bible study, I brought along my knitting. Amira is finally at a point where I don't need to be holding/nursing her every second, and she will go to other people or play on the floor quite nicely while we read and discuss. Anyway, our priest's wife, my dear friend Marthie, is a crocheter, and she pulled out her crocheting. She finished up hat number two that is just adorable. The ladies at my church are accomplished crocheters and seamstresses, and I can do neither. So, since they cannot knit and are interested, we're talking about doing a lesson swap, so we can all learn something new.

I am really excited about this possibility, because I love vintage clothing and have tons of vintage patterns and would love to make the gorgeous crocheted and sewn items that I see from the 30s, 40s and 50s. Speaking of which, I just bid on and won this on ebay. I can't wait to get it. There are a ton of great vintage clothes to be had for curvy women from the late 30s through the early 60s. After that, we start into the boyish figure styles, but the WWII and New Look were all made for women with my shape. The local vintage shop is pretty expensive, so I have to find things when I can and look for bargains. If I could make more of them, in the same style, that would save me the search as well as some of the money.

Anyway, I am almost to the main body on my Cross Your Heart Gansey. I've been moving slowly on it. I finished the edging and first cable pattern repeat on the Little Boy Green for Elijah and I haven't made much progress on the Santa Sock.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?