.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 24, 2004

Wings and Wurlitzer

Last night we got to go see the movie Wings which was a silent film about WWI hometown pilots. It was the first and only silent film to receive an Oscar for Best Picture.

Our friends and neighbors, Barb & Raymond, hosted it at their home, the Wurlitzer Manor (which can be rented our for parties and such, as well as the two guest houses that can be rented and are on the property). They hired an organist to play the score of the film, which was wonderful. It was a grown up pizza party, and was a great event. I wore a pretty blue, long skirt with watercolor looking daisies on it, a fitted white, short-sleeved top with a v-neck and my Meadow Flowers shawl. I also brought along my Cross Your Heart Gansey and got a little bit done on the ribbing for the front.

I ended up having to leave early, as we were an hour later than we told our sitters and didn't realize it in time to call and ask for a curfew extension. That's something people don't tell you about having kids, that you get a curfew all over again and it's based on when the babysitter needs to get home.

On the recommendation of several knitters on the knitlist, I bought a pack of dental floss threaders to use as beading needles for my knitting. I will report on how well they work.

That's all for now folks!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?