.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 13, 2004

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new and improved knitting blog!

Since I get to write about whatever I want to here, I probably will throw in stuff about my family, church, friends, recipes, opinions, and so on.

My name is Ranee, I am a wife, married to Rich, and mother of four, Alexander, Dominic, Elijah and Amira. We live in Puget Sound, on an airport. I knit mostly for our family, but occasionally for good friends, too. I am most interested in traditional Arabic designs, vintage (1930s-1950s era) knitting and knitting for children. I am more a texture and cable person than a color person. I like lace, but I am not a lace maker primarily.

I'm terrible at keeping diaries, and I don't know how well I'll keep this up, but I'll try. I had one before, but something strange happened and it wouldn't let me edit it, so I deleted and started over.

Anyway, here I am. I am working on the Cross Your Heart Gansey from the Fall 2000 Knitters' Magazine. I am also making the Blue Boy Cabled Fair Isle sweater for DS#3, though I am doing it in black with shades of green instead of white with shades of blue. A friend is due in March, so I am working on a Beaded Christening Cap for her baby. Shhhh!

Another friend is also due next spring, and I'm trying to think of something equally fabulous to make for their baby. Especially since both of these families are friends with each other, and I don't want to play favorites.

I'll sign off now, and try to figure out how to put pictures and links up. Good bye!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?