Thursday, January 05, 2017
Year End Tally and New Goals for the New Year
- Publish between nine and ten designs.
- Continue working from stash rather than buying more.
- Along with that goal, reorganize my stash so that our pie safe can be used for pies by Thanksgiving and I can liberate two or three of my project crates to become knitting magazine storage.
- Knit only for my family, me, and my design samples, unless I already have a project in process.
- Work more on garments, and learn to grade garment patterns better.
- Clean up and organize our room so I can set up a sewing table where I can have my sewing machine out all the time for me to sew more and improve.
- Promote my designs more effectively:
- Part 1) Make and run at least two sets of Ravelry Ads; one by July and one by December.
- Part 2) Lay the foundation for a monthly newsletter. Perhaps start with a quarterly one this year.
2016 Finished Objects
- Driftwood for me - knit January 15
- 1-2-3 Baby Beanie - test - knit January
- Cross My Heart for me - knit January
- Beanie Take Two - test - knit January
- Really Beanie - test - knit January 29
- State College for Paul - knit February
- Surprise Hat for Audrey - knit February 18
- Winter White for Susie - knit February 18
- Marine Layer Mitts for Arely - knit March
- Entrechat for Baby Sheller - knit March
- Boreas Prototype for Publication - knit April
- Peace Out AKA Unicorn Dandruff for Renata - knit
- Self Patterning Men's Socks for my Dad - knit
- Bah'ar for my Dad's wife - knit June
- Marine Layer Cowl for Arely - knit June
- Caramel Cowl for Louise - knit July 6
- Little Lovely Braided Scarf for Joy - knit July 6
- Marine Layer Mitts for Kris - knit August
- Marine Layer Scarf for Kris - knit August
- Ballet Top for Me - knit and crochet September 1
- Marine Layer Mitts for Christmas - knit September 1
- Saint Helena for Michelle - knit November
- Saint Nicholas for Yasmina - knit November
- Desert Pines for Natalie - knit November
- Victoria Station for Lacey - knit December 8
- Ziyad (Spiral Hat) for Matt - knit December 17
- Starry Starry Night Afghan for Nejat - crochet December 28
Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
Crust Killers: Pizza Mystery
in His Saints
- Purl up and Die
You Love Me, Let Me Go
- Into the Sea,
Out of the Tomb: Jonah and Jesus
- The Trial of
- Double Fudge
- Wedding Cake
- A Prayer
- While We Were
Watching Downton Abbey
- Wicked Stitch
- Going Vintage
- The Suspicion
- The Stitching
- Last Wool and
- Dyeing Wishes
- An Everlasting
- Circus Mirandus
- Murder is Bad
- Life, the
Universe, and Everything
- Harry Potter
and the Cursed Child
- The Fabrics of Fairy Tale
I should have the first pattern out in about a month or so, and the next one two months from now. It's pretty exciting.