Monday, May 04, 2009
Menu Plan Monday: May 4
I'm posting our dinner plans because I am going to try to keep our lives in as much of a normal pattern as I can. I don't know how well we will stick to our meal schedule, to our school schedule and homemaking schedule, but I think it is very important to at least try to keep some semblance of a schedule for stability's sake. I don't think our children will be getting much out of our formal studies this week, it is more that we continue in it to keep their lives as normal as possible.
- Monday: Bean, Kale & Sausage Soup from Freezer, Baked Rice Balls, Crusty Bread
- Tuesday: Enchiladas Blancas, Tomato Rice, Salad
- Wednesday: Grilled Scallops, Garlic Pasta with Escabeche Sauce (I picked up a fancy sauce on clearance a long time ago, so I'm using it here), Salad
- Thursday: Risotto with Sausage and Greens, Salad
- Friday: Black Bean & Corn Chilaquiles with Poached Eggs
- Saturday: Braised Brisket, Egg Noodles, Swiss Chard & Cauliflower Gratin
- Sunday: Dinner Out for Mother's Day
What is on your menu this week?
Here is the list of foods from the freezer, fridge and pantry that I'm using this week. Anything from the freezer, pantry or fridge that was not bought specifically for this meal or this past week will be included in my lists.
Bean, Kale & Sausage Soup
All Herbs & Spices
Whole Wheat Flour
Rosemary from the herb garden
Basil from the herb garden