Monday, May 25, 2009
Menu Plan Monday: May 25
In the next week, we should have our half a pig butchered, cut and wrapped as well as 40 pounds of ground beef from a pasture raised steer. In general, I have been trying to cut down on what is in our freezer, but these were opportunities to have heritage breed meat from pasture raised animals from people we know. We keep intending to buy a whole pig and a whole steer, but haven't gotten around to it. This is a little closer.
- Monday: Buffalo Chicken Burgers, Grilled Beer Bratwurst with Onions & Sauerkraut, Barbecue Beans, Salad, Chips, Rhubarb Crisp, Whatever else people are bringing
- Tuesday: Leftovers
- Wednesday: Black Beans, Scrambled Eggs, Salsa, Tortillas & Avocado
- Thursday: Hot Pastrami Sandwiches on Rye, Salad
- Friday: Melanzane al Forno, Pasta, Salad
- Saturday: Pineapple Fried Rice with Chicken and Garlic Green Beans
- Sunday: Veal Meatball Soup, Crusty Wheat Bread, Salad
What is on your menu this week?
Here is the list of foods from the freezer, fridge and pantry that I'm using this week. Anything from the freezer, pantry or fridge that was not bought specifically for this meal or this past week will be included in my lists.
All Herbs & Spices
Whole Wheat Flour
My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I took a look at your blog and see that you are Jewish. I don't know what level of kashrut you observe, but if you cannot use the oyster sauce, you could substitute fish sauce. I wouldn't use more soy sauce. Hope this helps!