Monday, December 08, 2008
Menu Plan Monday: Second Week of Advent
I'm still working on my Thanksgiving post as well as an Advent one. Even though we do lighter school work for Advent, we've been busy with religious study and all the goings on at church, so I just haven't had much time to type on the computer. I have to figure out what to do with all the broccoli I bought, since Yasmina's tummy still does not agree with me eating broccoli. Veggie sticks for the children!
We've been drinking lots of apple cider this week. We borrowed a cider press from a fellow we know and pressed about four or five gallons of cider. It was lots of fun, the cider tastes like drinking an apple and now I want our own cider press even more. We are trying to find a way to buy the press from our friend. They don't use it anymore, but they aren't quite ready to give it up yet.
- Monday: Leftovers
- Tuesday: Chicken & Vegetable Stew over Egg Noodles, Salad
- Wednesday: Eggs in Purgatory, Garlic Toast, Roasted Cauliflower
- Thursday: Sausage & Cornbread with Sausage Gravy, Veggie Sticks
- Friday: Grilled Salmon, Cous Cous, Salad
- Saturday: Cream of Poblano Soup, Tortilla Strips, Red Grapefruit Halves
- Sunday: Shepherd's Pie, Salad
What is on your menu this week?
I think tonight will be chicken curry, unless I get a big craving for beef before I get home.