Monday, December 29, 2008
Menu Plan Monday: 5th Day of Christmas
Rich got his first leftover turkey sandwich in several years. We had them on toasted homemade bread with homemade mayonnaise and lettuce, which was amazing. We still have a little roast beef and a little of the turkey left, so I will be remaking them today for breakfast and dinner. We'll have some roast beef hash with fried eggs this morning, and the turkey tetrazzini for dinner since we had sandwiches instead last week. We will be making more Christmas cookies this week, and eating them up while we can.
Rich and I celebrate 12 years of marriage this Wednesday. We did a brief renewal of our vows after church on Sunday, and so far have a rather quiet anniversary planned. We usually have a party, but we aren't having one this year.
- Monday: Turkey Tetrazzini & Egg Noodles, Caesar Salad, Homemade Lemonade
- Tuesday: Homemade Pizzas, Fruit Plate, Salad
- Wednesday: Our Anniversary: Grilled Halibut, Herbed Cous Cous, Salad and Molten Chocolate Cakes with Vanilla Whipped Cream. The children want macaroni and cheese, even though I told them there would be no meat fasts this week, so that will be their dinner.
- Thursday: Enchiladas Blancas (I'm going to make a double batch and freeze some for later), Salsa Rice, Salad
- Friday: Saucy Sour Cream Meatballs with Green Beans & Egg Noodles, Salad
- Saturday: Cheeseburgers with all the Fixings, Home Fries
- Sunday: Chicken Tortilla Soup, Salad
What is on your menu this week?