Sunday, November 09, 2008
Menu Plan Monday: November 10
The surprise party was so much fun. The best surprise was that Mary's son, who is in the military in TX, came home to be there. So, we did the whole shout surprise thing, and she was so thrilled, but then after she settled in, Paul walked in. It was a great thing to see. Our children had a fabulous time dancing and singing and jumping around. There was karaoke, which was enjoyed by all. We decided, though, that we will never let Alexander have soda again. He was so crazy. It was Jerome, though, who had the wildest night. He was chasing one of Mary's daughter (the 19 year old!), and tripped while on the concrete floor of the carport, landed flat on his face and chipped his two top front teeth. There was much crying, and Beth felt so bad. His nose, lips and chin were unscathed, no blood anywhere, but he's a snaggle tooth until he loses those baby teeth. His teeth are still a little tender, but otherwise he is fine. I'm just glad his face wasn't broken and that it was only his baby teeth. I'll post pictures of our children soon, and you might be able to see the bigger chip (one is obvious, the other I didn't even notice until the next morning).
- Monday: Cabbage & Kielbasa Soup, Soda Bread, Salad
- Tuesday: Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Rice & Pea Pilaf
- Wednesday: Potato, Pepper & Onion Frittata, Salad
- Thursday: Sloppy Joes in Corn Biscuit Cups, Salad, Apple Sauce (we had a change of plans last week)
- Friday: Oil Poached Salmon (using celery instead of fennel), Cracked Wheat Pilaf, Summer Squash Saute (we found out that one of the people we were having over for dinner that night didn't care for seafood, so I switched meals - her husband is evidently still upset that he didn't get the seafood)
- Saturday: Fish & Chips at a local tavern with Dn. Michael for his birthday, Scalloped Potatoes and Ham for the children.
- Sunday: Red Pork Tamal, Frijoles Rancheros, Salsa Rice (this wasn't made last week, because we were really going to a surprise birthday party for one of my friends, and I wasn't sure if she was checking the blog)
What is on your menu this week?
Have a wonderful week,