Sunday, July 27, 2008
Menu Plan Monday: July 28
Lisa's plane was delayed four times, and she ended up getting here nearly 12 hours after she was supposed to arrive. This meant she missed my birthday, but we had a good time anyway once we all got the rest we needed. This week, we will be making the lemon cake (I was too wiped out to attempt it), raspberry custard pie (some girls from our local homeschool group are picking and selling raspberries) and cherry pie (Rich picked me some pie cherries and will pit them for me).
- Monday: Grilled Chipotle Rubbed Flank Steak Tacos with Onions and Peppers, Salsa Rice, Black Bean and Corn Salad, Raspberry Custard Pie
- Tuesday: Sausage, Cornbread and Gravy, Veggie Sticks, Applesauce, Cherry Pie (we have decided to eat the pie for breakfast on Tuesday)
- Wednesday: Mustard-Pecan Crusted Mahi Mahi (it's on sale for $2.99 this week!), ETA:Sauteed Kale with Garlic (from our garden), Herbed Cous Cous, SaladI guess posting my plans after midnight nets an incomplete entry.
- Thursday: Italian Sausage Skillet, Brown Rice and Salad
- Friday: Falafel, Khoubz Araby, Veggies & Olives, Laban bi Chiyar (Cucumber Yogurt Salad)
- Saturday: Unstuffed Cabbage, Saffron Rice, Salad (we ended up doing something else for dinner Saturday, so this is a holdover), Glazed Lemon Cake
- Sunday: Crockpot Indonesian Chicken (with red pepper flakes, lime juice and lime wedges on the side, not sure about the honey/sugar, I'll taste to see if it needs it), White Rice, Sesame Stir-Fried Green Beans
I will post recipes upon request.
What is on your menu this week?
My husband's birthday is this week, so I'm keeping my eye out for cake ideas. Lemon sounds good!