Monday, June 09, 2008
Menu Plan Monday: June 9
As always, I will provide any recipes upon request.
- Monday: African Chicken (Double Recipe - See below), Rice and Lentils & Salad
- Tuesday: Chicken Ottoman (Double Recipe), Rice, & Salad
- Wednesday: Salmon Cakes, Bulgur Pilaf, Carrot Sticks & Dip
- Thursday: Chili and Cornbread (Double both)
- Friday: Macaroni and Cheese (Double Recipe), Fruit, Salad
Roast Hot Dogs and Fixings, Pasta Primavera SaladDominic chose to eat this with chili beans for his birthday dinner next week, so I will be making Frito Casserole instead
- Sunday: Pizza Out for Father's Day
What is on your menu this week?
I found this recipe on a cooking newsgroup several years ago. I've changed it a litlte bit, and it doubles and triples well.
4 lbs. chicken, cut up
salt & pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in a 3 qt. baking dish (13x9-inch).
In a 10-inch skillet heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook gently, stirring often, until soft. Stir in peanut butter, coriander and red pepper flakes. Gradually stir in tomato sauce and vinegar.
Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered in a preheated 400F oven until chicken is tender, about 50 minutes. Serves 6-8.