Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Menu Plan Wednesday
This is more for the benefit of my in-laws than anything else. We were all pretty much wiped out, suddenly, with a cold that laid us all out most of the week. It came on hard and fast, and seemed to go straight to fevers, bronchitis, sinus infections and ear infections, six out of seven had it. We are all doing much better now, though it looks like Rich, who had been taking care of us might be getting it.
I'm thinking of making richer food than normal this week, as we head into Lent next week. We will be hosting our traditional doughnut feast for Shrove Tuesday (Mardi Gras), and then Ash Wednesday will follow. Our church will be abstaining from meat on both Wednesdays and Fridays, and we will be trying for Saturdays here, as well. Our Lenten bible studies usually involve a shared meal, and it looks like we'll be having soup suppers again this year, so I'll be pulling out a lot of soup recipes to share.
- Monday: Leftovers
- Tuesday: Beef and Bean Nacho Salad
- Wednesday: Avocado, Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas, Salsa Rice
- Thursday: Sausage, Cauliflower, Onion and Potato Skillet, Salad
- Friday: Baked Orzo with Zucchini, Salad, Garlic Toast
- Saturday: Dinner with In-laws, TBA
- Sunday: Not Baked Beans and Cornbread
What is on your menu this week?