Monday, August 27, 2007
Menu Plan Monday: August 27
I put up 18 jars of Blackberry Lime Jam last night. Finally! Our weather has been so weird, first so hot, then rainy, and I was getting worried that I wouldn't have any blackberries to make into jam this year, but we still have plenty. I'm planning on making at least that many more jars in the next week. This weekend, Rich is going to pick me enough crabapples to make four batches of crabapple jelly. Between that and the jam, I will have Christmas gifts covered. It's not much preserving this year, but it's something.
- Monday: Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole with Peppers and Peas
- Tuesday: Broiled Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes, Garlic, Kalamata Olive and Feta Relish, Burghul Pilaf, Roasted Beets Sliced with Chard and Beet Greens
- Wednesday: Macaroni and Cheese, Salad
- Thursday: Chicken Stew with Biscuits
- Friday: Falafel, Pita Bread, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Olives (we ended up having a sick meal last week)
- Saturday: Gyros and Spanikopita Out (we didn't get to go out, because all the children were still sick)
- Sunday: Saucy Sour Cream Meatballs and Green Beans with Egg Noodles
What is on your menu this week?