After joining a new ball of yarn to my Flower Basket shawl some time ago, and realizing I would now have to figure out how to hide those ends in the lace, I determined that at the next join I would finally learn the Russian join
, so I wouldn't have to deal with that again. Well, it worked! I have a lovely, invisible join with no ends to weave in, and I am nearly finished with the knitting on the shawl. I added two repeats to the pattern, so I'm thinking mine will be 60-65 inches, rather than the skimpy 54 inches of the pattern. I have 13 rows to do before casting off! Hurray! This is my Think Pink Along project as well as my Flower Basket Redux project, so I'll be finishing two knit-a-longs when I get this finished, and a full month ahead of deadline. Whee!