.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Menu Plan: January 23 - January 29

We made the Pioneer Woman's Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich, and while it was good, we thought there was room for improvement, which we will do this week. I will post the recipe Saturday. We used our own homemade sandwich rolls, which was wonderful, but any good quality rolls would work.

Rich had a business meeting on the other side of the mountains on Friday, so I sent him with a Trader Joe's shopping list and a request to buy a birthday present for one of the boys' friends over there where it is easier to shop and find a decent selection. His trip saved me an hour's trip with the children (one way), so I could shop for it. The mom laughed and told us that she had not realized how special a present not bought at Wal-Mart was. They also used to live where there were more shopping options easily and readily available before they came here.

Because of the Trader Joe's trip, and the purchase from Bob's Red Mill, our grocery bill this month will be about 60% of our normal budget, rather than 50% or less which is my goal for next month. We knew it would be larger than we wanted this month, just because we had the stocking up to do, but we think we can cut it to less than 50% next month very easily and I'll try to do it again in March.
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Bought:

Cilantro
Parsley
Celery
Cauliflower
Kalamata Olives
Frozen Sliced Peppers
Pepper Jack
Feta Cheese

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?