.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Menu Plan: January 16 - January 22

I realized I hadn't posted my weekly recipes yet, so I will hit publish on that soon.

I noticed that I am becoming more of a tea than a coffee drinker, even though I prefer coffee to tea. This is for a few reasons. One, I am the only consistent coffee drinker, and it seems like a waste to make a small amount of coffee, and tea can be made one cup at a time. Two, it is easy to forget to make the coffee in the morning when I'm trying to get the rest of breakfast ready for everyone, nurse the baby, get school set up, shower. Three, I have found that Mariam is much more sensitive to coffee than any of her siblings were. Of course, the only time she stayed up was when I drank half a pot of coffee in one day. I'm a little gun shy now, because I don't want to repeat that. I'm going to try again, but make sure I don't drink any late in the day and don't drink more than two cups in a day.

We're doing really well on the eating out of freezer and pantry. It helps that we still have a lot of our steer, two lambs, two hogs a couple salmon and our huge halibut in the freezers (plus some chicken, duck and a couple turkeys, which I have to wait to cook, since Mariam's stomach doesn't like turkey yet). I've been husbanding them well, though, because it has helped us both stretch our budget and still purchase high quality, pastured/grass fed/wild caught meat.

So, anyway, I think this week's menu is entirely from our freezers and pantry.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?