.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Menu Plan: Days 9 - 12 of Christmas, Epiphany and Beyond

This is the last week of the Christmas season. The twelve days of Christmas end on Thursday, with Epiphany and the liturgical season of Christmas finishes on Sunday. So, you still have time to get me a present.

Just kidding. It does mean that we only have one meat fast day this week. And I will be continuing with my 12 Days of Cookies.

Our anniversary was wonderful, and low key and quiet. I nailed the crab pasta, though, and the garlic shrimp was pretty darned good, too. I may post a recipe for the crab pasta. It is definitely a special occasion dish, unless you live where you can catch Dungeness easily. I still can't cook for two people, either. I made enough for four people. I actually had to stop myself from making more.

Also, the Chex mix coated chicken fingers were a huge hit with the family. There will be no more Chex mix in our house until Thanksgiving, though, because otherwise I eat it all. Or most of it.

For our anniversary, we bought an 11 passenger van. We now have room for two more children!

So, here is our first menu plan of the New Year:What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?